Gameloft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Philips SHP2000 – A Review – The Budget Headphones

2 posters

Go down

Philips SHP2000 – A Review – The Budget Headphones Empty Philips SHP2000 – A Review – The Budget Headphones

Post  Admin Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:34 am

The History – Why – What??

Philips SHP2000 – A Review – The Budget Headphones Dsc00010

Philips SHP2000 – A Review – The Budget Headphones Dsc00011

Well I was on the hunt for some cheap reliable headphones as my older ones had given up upon me. Budget in my mind was as less as possible, with some clean sound and something that felt long lasting as well.
I had some things in my mind first hand that I was not looking for something very expensive , looking for a wire length of 2 meters and not more as my previous 6 meters long cable died because of all the tangle.
The use of these was going to be purely movies and once in a blue moon of music as I already have the EP-630 for music. For movies the priority was decent amount of isolation from the world outside and comfort that was needed for the long movie hours.
The damage for these headphones was just under 700 bucks which was pretty decent a deal.

The Technical Specifications

Sound

Acoustic system - Open
Frequency response - 15 - 22 000 Hz
Impedance - 32 Ohm
Maximum power input - 500 mW
Sensitivity - 100 dB
Speaker diameter - 40 mm

Connectivity

Cable length - 2 m
Finishing of connector - Chrome plated
Type of cable - OFC

Accessories

Adaptor plug - 3.5-6.3 mm

Packaging Data

Gross weight - 0.418 kg
Tare weight - 0.192 kg
Net weight - 0.226 kg
Length - 196 mm
Width - 107 mm
Height - 208 mm

The Cans – My Observation

Philips SHP2000 – A Review – The Budget Headphones Dsc00012

The Philips SHP2000 act in as a great pair of headphones for my movies, the sound is crisp, the bass is tight though, but for the movies it’s a great pair of cans. The sound is very clean during the movies, would not be a great pair for music listening especially for the people who are into a lot of rock, but for the everyday use these are a pretty decent pair of plugs.

Philips SHP2000 – A Review – The Budget Headphones Dsc00013

These are fully cover ear cups are very comfortable on the ears even after long hours of movie watching, in fact I can say that they feel much more comfortable than my EP-630 on long hour usage for my movies.
The headband is adjustable which make it very easy to fit on any head, even without the cushioning on the band of the cans they are very comfortable as they are light and the cups fit in right on to the ears leaving very less for the band to actually do making it a great pair of headphones.

Philips SHP2000 – A Review – The Budget Headphones Dsc00014

The quality of the wire is also good, they are thick though double wires could have been molded into one, but the thick wires do well, and I hope they won’t cut of like some of my previous thin ones. The chrome plated connector is also pretty decent and does it job well, even comes along with a 6.3mm connector which can be used in my brother guitar and keyboard directly which is pretty nice as an added feature.

Philips SHP2000 – A Review – The Budget Headphones Dsc00015

The side of the cans is covered with woolen, cotton type of mix material which is very comfortable and seems that would last for quite some time before may be tearing off or any kind of damage to it. The noise isolation provided by these headphones is also decent, not as good as the EP630 but for the price paid and the amount of comfort they offer it’s a great thing at the price, making them a great pair of budget headphones.

Philips SHP2000 – A Review – The Budget Headphones Dsc00016

In the end they don’t cost a bomb, do a very decent job for the price and is something that would last for quite some time.

To put it into simple words I can conclude that these cans provide great amount of portability as they are light, very comfortable on the ears even after long movie hours, the amount of noise isolation provided by these headphones is also very decent, but not as good at the creative plugs. The material and the stuff feels and looks very durable, the quality of the cables is also good and thick which won’t get cut or damaged easily even after rough handling in my opinion. The thing that lacks in these is the quality bass that music lovers might look for when compared to the EP630, its not boomy but is tight , lacks the deep bass effect to simply things.

Philips SHP2000 – A Review – The Budget Headphones Dsc00017
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-12-03

https://gameloft.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Philips SHP2000 – A Review – The Budget Headphones Empty :l

Post  2gud Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:59 am

Looks gr8....mujhe yeh headphones chahiye....agar Anshul khareed kar laega...toh main use karonga!!
Razz
lol bom
2gud
2gud

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down